Le "Rump party" ou parti croupion est le reste d'un parti qui a refusé de rejoindre un rassemblement large
A Rump Party is a political party that is formed by the remaining body of supporters and leaders who do not support a breakaway group who merge with or form another new party. The rump party can have the name of the original party, or a new name.
- The pro-protectionism Conservative Party in the UK after the breakaway of the free trade Peelite faction in 1846 over the repeal of the corn laws.
- Liberal Party (UK, 1989)
- Communist Party of Britain
- National Party (South Africa) under leadership of DF Malan after formation of United Party (South Africa).
- New National Party (South Africa) the new name of what remained of National Party (South Africa) under the leadership of FW de Klerk and Marthinus van Schalkwyk.
- Progressive Canadian Party, under Ernie Schreiber and now Sinclair Stevens, the remnants of the formerProgressive Conservative Party of Canada that opposed the merger with the Canadian Alliance.